Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Canyon

When I walked behind You, I never felt pain. Feeling Your love, I shouted Your name. I shouted it out, with all of my might. While standing within, Your golden love-light. But something had happened, not long ago. I became distracted, and left Your gold glow. A canyon had formed, between our close reach. I could no longer hear, nor could I teach. As the crevasse grew wider, the light became dim. Fog rose from the canyon, and I couldn't see Him. As the fog engulfed me, I felt a cold chill. I stepped away from the canyon, which grew from my will. In the opposite direction, I walked away from my Lord. Feeling lost and empty, I unsheathed my sword. As I looked down upon it, a light caught my eye. In sheer desperation, I started to cry. And as my tears, had hit the dark ground. In the distance behind me, came a rumbling sound. I had noticed the canyon, closing once more. I then saw His lighthouse, on the opposite shore.His Light entered my eye, and lit up my heart. The fog had receded, and began to depart. As the canyon was closing, night became day. I brushed the dirt from my knees, and started running His way. In my final step, I dove into His Arms. Away from the darkness, I was now safe from harm. As I begged His forgiveness, He lifted my chin. And I promised to never, leave Him again. Written by Richard (Jim) Minch 2/1/05

No comments:

Post a Comment