Wednesday, April 21, 2010

He can make a blind man see

I thought my life was being lived right, I thought I was good. I was confident I was doing all things that I should. I wasn’t a thief, I told the truth, paid all my bills on time. I would always help others, even down to lending them my last dime. I didn’t party all weekend, I made it to work on time every Monday, spent time in meditation and attended church with my friends on Sunday. I know I’m heaven bound because I am nice to everyone, so what’s all this talk about needing God’s Son. I thought all I had to do was live right and that was it, then I found out that was a lie straight from the pit. Satan wants us to be in darkness without a clue, but in reality to get to Heaven there is something we must all do. We could never live good enough, because all our righteousness is like a dirty rag. The Bible says we make it Heaven because of Jesus and only on this can we brag. Seek true righteousness, and Jesus, God will help you to see. I am a living witness of this happening, because He did it for me. © Sherri C. Walker Taken from my Poetry Book © All For Jesus (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment